Big Week – Vaccine Eligibility increases dramatically on Wednesday. But first, here’s our nightly round-up of local pandemic news:
LATEST KING COUNTY NUMBERS: Of the Seattle-King County Public Health daily summary:
* 87,567 people tested positive, 185 more than yesterday in total
* 1,461 people have died, unchanged since Saturday
* 5,303 people were hospitalized, 15 more than yesterday’s total
* 964,809 people were tested, 5,251 more than yesterday
A week ago it was 85.629 / 1.452 / 5.220 / 949.161.
STATE NUMBERS: See them here.
WORLDWIDE FIGURES: 127.5 million cases, 2,791,000 deaths – 550,000 in the US See the other statistics – nation by nation – here.
STILL IN THE DANGER ZONE: This is the county health officer Dr. Jeff DuchinAdvice on a Twitter thread on how to work to fend off a fourth wave.
TEST WEBSITE DOES NOT CLOSE AFTER ALL: A week after we learned that the test / vaccination site in West Seattle will only be vaccinated starting this Wednesday, the city changed the plan today and will offer at least more tests there (Southwest Athletic Complex car park, 2801 SW Thistle) until April 17th.
KING COUNTY VACCINATION MILESTONE: More than 1,000,000 doses given.
Vaccine Eligibility: Announced by the state today Health department::
Phase Finder, the state’s online vaccine suitability tool, will no longer need to check COVID-19 vaccine suitability starting March 31.
This means that people who want a vaccine should check the DOH prioritization policy website to see when they are eligible for the vaccine. Those who are eligible can then use Vaccine Locator to find an appointment. After March 30th, those who visit the Phase Finder website will be redirected to Vaccine Locator. The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) has notified vaccine providers of this change. DOH has requested that providers no longer need phase finders to schedule or request an appointment when patients arrive for their appointment.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A VACCINATION APPOINTMENT? Here is our ongoing list:
* See dates for locations operated by the city in West Seattle. Sign up here for the city’s notification list for all three locations.
* Health care providers (especially larger ones like UW medicine, CHI Franciscans, Swedish, Kaiser Permanente, etc.)
* *covidwa.com (optional aggregator)
* The state’s vaccine locator (as mentioned above)
* The CDC’s vaccine finder
* Pharmacies large and small – Safeway, Rite aid, QFC, Drugs, Costco
* *Sea sea Clinics
School Survey: Seattle Public Schools Reminds basic families to respond to the latest reopening poll by Wednesday.
NEED FOOD? This week is the next Grocery line for groceries It will be distributed on Friday (April 2) at 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at 815 p. 96
Do you have something to report? [email protected] or 206-293-6302, Text / voice – thank you!