Well that Public schools in Seattle has a plan to comply with the governor’s order to offer face-to-face learning to primary school students by early April. He interviewed families to find out how many intend to take up this offer. The district sent this reminder to families tonight to return these surveys:
Seattle Public Schools last week sent an important survey of families with students in kindergarten through fifth grade to determine how many students in those groups will be studying in person at SPS schools again next month. Survey responses are due by midnight on Wednesday, March 24th.
The poll, sent to families on Friday, March 19, 2021, is the primary method for the district to determine the choice of educational model for families:
• A hybrid teaching model for personal part-time and remote part-time –
* MT-Th-F half a day in person, half a day away
* W All-day remote control for all students
• A complete remote instruction model.
• March 29th – All preschoolers and pupils participating in intensive special education;
• April 5th – All other Kindergarten through 5th grade students;
• April 5th – Students enrolled on Intensive Special Education Paths in Middle and High School.
Preschoolers and elementary school students enrolled in a K-8 school will follow the start dates given above.
The announcement includes a reminder of the schedule changes announced over the weekend. In the meantime, the return to school has not yet been completed Seattle Education Association Votes this week on whether to accept the agreement.